Wednesday, August 13, 2014

VANITY IN VANITY

I have searched through the length and breadth of the earth
Hoping for the world of happiness
I have been through the thin and thick in the journey of life
Waiting to see the joy of life
I crawl, walk even run in the pursuit of happiness
I thought my joy will come
If and only if
I can get through elementary education
I can get through high school
I can get through tertiary
But all have not given me my desired joy
Proceeding in the pursuit of happiness
I thought my joy will come
If and only if
I can get a good job
A beautiful mansion
Driving a posh car around
But not yet satisfied
Beautiful wife, lovely kids in my castle
But my heart still panting for more
More money more problems
More power more abuses
More connections more enemies
From cradle to grave is vanity
Vanity in vanity
But in God our comfort, peace and all round beauty are sustained.



2 comments:

  1. If we can all know that this life is vanity, we will not be too keen about selfish interest, There is no way we can be satisfied.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things of this world will soon vanish......

    ReplyDelete

Translate